You may be a little daunted about the thought of joining a running club if you have never been a member before. Don't be! We have members of all ages, all abilities and all levels of commitment. Whatever your standards of fitness are, You will be made very welcome.
The club is very friendly and social. Why not come along on a Thursday evening and give us a try (please note that you must be aged 18 to join the club).
This year, we are again using online website software, rather than paper membership forms. Hopefully, you'll find it a simple process. Please follow this link to sign up: https://membermojo.co.uk/alchester. Any issues, please let Mike Fisher know ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
Payment can be made by cash, cheque or by bank transfer - you can find bank details on the membermojo website. Using the online payment method will make the process quicker. If you are paying online use MSHIP, your initial and surname as a reference
Membership fee for April 2021 - March 2022 (based on month joined)
The annual Membership fee has been reduced to £20 in response to Covid restrictions.
The usual fees (example below) will be reviewed for the period commencing April 2022:
April- September £35
October - December £25
Benefits of membership
Apart from a lot of friendly people to run with there are a considerable number of benefits of membership:
Note: Due to the current Covid 19 restrictions, some club activities below are limited or subject to a 'track and trace' process. The annual membership fee for this year until 31st March 2022 has been reduced to £20 to reflect this. Full details on current activities will be published to members throughout the year.
- Alchester Running Club is affiliated to Oxon AA, the South East AA and England Athletics
- Club members do not have to pay the unattached levy when entering races (£2 saving)
- Free entry to cross-country series (5 races)
- Free entry to Ridgeway Relay
- Fee entry to Oxford Road Relays
- Free coaching on a Tuesday
- Safer winter running in groups on a Thursday
- Village routes in groups on a Thursday in the summer
- Subsidised trip to London Marathon (as a runner or spectator)
- Entry to London Marathon club ballot (subject to qualifying conditions)
- Direct entry to Oxford Half Marathon 2019 without going through the ballot
- Reduced fee to Motavation Series
- Summer party
- Subsidised end of season awards dinner