2016 Race Results: Andy Reading 10k Race Results Summary
Bicester Sports Association HQ, Chesterton, Bicester, Oxfordshire OX26 1TE
2016 Race Photos Courtesy of Barry Cornelius: Andy Reading 2016 Race Photos courtesy of Barry Cornelius. It would be appreciated if you could credit Barry Cornelius for photos used.
The Andy Reading Memorial 10km Road Race is hosted jointly by Alchester Running Club and Bicester Athletics Club and is held in memory of Andy Reading, a former member of our Club.
The course is a flat 10km on local roads around the village of Chesterton, near Bicester, and the route takes in RAF Weston on the Green. The race starts and finishes at the Bicester Sports Association HQ in Chesterton, located here.
The postcode for the venue for ‘sat nav’ is OX26 1TE.
Link below to online entry details for this year’s Andy Reading 10k on Sunday 10th December at Bicester Sports Association
New prize categories – first male and female under 20 AR10k Entry-Form-2017 v2
Postal entries are accepted using the form above
All queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Profits from the race will be donated to The Humingbird Cancer Support and Therapy centre
Should you see an error or omission with your result please email email@example.com before 5pm on Tuesday 15th December
Results – Andy Reading 10k 2015
(Gender Results and Category Results files will be available soon)
Photos: http://www.oxonraces.com/photos/2015-12-13-chesterton-bicester (Courtesy of Barry Cornelius)
Photos: http://www.oxonraces.com/photos/2014-12-14-chesterton-bicester (Courtesy of Barry Cornelius)
Andy Reading 2010 provisional results 10k road race
- Entrants are required to abide by the Race Rules and marshals’ directions. Entrants for the 10k must be amateur, and 15 years or older on race date. The race will be held under UK Athletics rules
- Entries to the Andy Reading 10k are personal to the applicant, entry fees are non-refundable and non-deferrable. Any runner who competes in another person’s race number will be disqualified.
- The race organisers reserve the right to refuse or cancel applications, including duplicate applications, or alter the date of the event, the course route or distance
- The race organisers, sponsors, charities, suppliers and/or their agents will not be liable for any injury, loss or expense which may arise in consequence of your participation in this event save as to negligence
- All runners are required to complete the personal, contact and health details form on the back of their race number.
- No wheeled vehicles (pram’s, buggies etc), dogs, following cycles, alcohol or tobacco allowed
- You must not race wearing headphones, you need to be fully aware of the surroundings. Any persons doing so will be disqualified
- Race marshals and medical team members have the authority to disqualify and remove any runner they consider to be acting dangerously, or to be unfit to compete
- Disqualified runners will be removed from the race results, banned from future Andy Reading 10k’s and reported to UK Athletics
- Runners are required to give assistance to fallen runners, and to report any casualties immediately to the nearest first aid post or race marshal
- In the event of any dispute the decision of the Race Referee and Race Director shall be final
- If It is important to note that we shall be using a timing chip that will be attached to your shoe. These are expensive to produce. Therefore please make sure that your chip is removed by a race marshal after the race. We will endeavour to retrieve your chips at the end of the finishing funnels – should you manage to slip through you can take the chip to the Enquiry Desk.
- Runners are required to collect their number and chip on the day of the race.
- The moment you enter our race we start to incur administration costs and banking charges, simply in processing your entry and payment. We also incur further charges in administering cancellations and processing refund payments.
- In the event that the race is cancelled for circumstances beyond our control before the 30th September then all race entry fees will be refunded. If the race is cancelled due to bad weather making either the course unsafe or car parking unavailable then no refunds will be given, entries will be deferred until next years event.
- Furthermore most races do not offer any form of refund at all if a runner decides to cancel their place because of injury, illness, lack of training or change of plan. There are many other instances of higher priced services, such as plane, train or theatre tickets where no refunds can be given for cancellation in these circumstances.
- Running in someone else’s race number can have very serious consequences if the runner suffers a medical emergency – we have had cases where we have been unable to identify or contact families of runners who have suffered potentially life-threatening conditions whilst using someone else’s race number. The accuracy of the race results is also affected when runners are placed in the wrong age and sex category.